At VettFirst Security, we value your time and your trust. We provide a comfortable environment with trained enrollment agents when you need a printed fingerprint card. We supply the standard FD-258 fingerprint card.
Because many government organizations (i.e. Department of Immigration) require physical copies of your fingerprints, VettFirst offer’s the ability to digitally collect an applicant’s fingerprint images and then print them onto a standard fingerprint card (FD-258). At the present time we can only submit LiveScan Fingerprints in Florida.
Eligible Fingerprint Cards
Challenge State Records Only
Challenges to Identity
Concealed Weapon Permits
Contract Private Security
Criminal Justice Employee
All Licenses Renewals i.e. Medical, Teachers certification, Legal
Name Changes= State Records Only
Private Detective License
Security Officer Registration
Security Officer Weapon
A valid (non-expired) government-issued photo identification card must be presented before being fingerprinted.
Florida Healthcare LiveScan Fingerprinting
Laws passed by the Florida State Legislature* dictates that nearly all workers in the healthcare industry must submit their fingerprints and photo for a level II background check to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. Many employees who previously were not required to undergo a background check and submit fingerprints are included in this requirement.
VettFirst Security in conjunction with our partner DAON Trusted Identity Services are an approved Live Scan Vendor by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to submit Electronic fingerprints. Section 435.04 mandates that Level 2 background security investigations be conducted on employees, defined as individuals required by law to be fingerprinted pursuant to Chapter 435. Since 2010, pre-employment background checks are becoming more common for jobs that require various degrees of screening including, that by law, for the protection of children, the elderly and the disabled. By utilizing live scan background checks, this not only helps your organization, but increase employee quality, reduce turnover, liability and risk involving issues surrounding employment. That means better business, security and success.
How it Works
VettFirst quickly and securely transmits your fingerprints to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for Level 2 background checks. We are proud to service the state of Florida with electronic fingerprinting (“livescan”) and criminal background check services. Through our partnership with The UPS Stores we offer 80 convenient “livescan” locations across the state of Florida. You can find your nearest location here
Obtain an ORI Number
The ORI number (Originating Agency Identifier) is a number established by FDLE and identifies the agency or employer requesting the criminal history check and for what purpose. You will be provided an access code and ORI code by VettFirst to begin your registration.
- https://www.daontis.com/home.do?from=SDS to begin registration process.
- Establish a DTIS account by creating username and password.
- Submit your biographical information and select the location where you will be fingerprinted.
- Provide payment information, schedule appointment and obtain your confirmation number from the VettFirst/DTIS website.
Bring your ID to the finger-printing Location
- Take your receipt /confirmation number and your government issued ID to the finger- printing location you selected.
- An on-site enrollment agent will verify your ID and obtain your prints.
- Your fingerprints will be quickly and securely transmitted to DTIS for processing. DTIS will submit your fingerprints to FDLE for processing and FDLE or your employer will be sent the results.
- An electronic package is prepared and submitted for processing-No personal information is saved on The UPS Store machine.
- Log into your previously established DTIS account to update your information.
The cost is $80.00/Person Includes State & Federal Fees, Taxes, VettFirst Processing fee.