NAID Certification Requirements
Need help meeting NAID Certification requirements for pre-employment screening? VettFirst Security specializes in Employee Screening and understands the NAID employment screening requirements. We provide employee screening services that meet or exceed the following NAID requirements:
7 YEAR CRIMINAL RECORD SEARCHES
- Social Security Header Search
- Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Pre-Hire Initial Drug Testing (5 and 10 Panel)
- Federal Criminal Record Search on Social Security Header Verification
- County Criminal Record Search on Social Security Header Verification
- Statewide Repository Criminal records search on Social Security Header Search
- *Military Court Martial Record Verification (optional)
- 7 Year Employment History Verification (employment search will at a minimum;
- Name, City and State of the previous employer,
- Dates of employment, as reported by the employee,
- Date of verification (or attempted verification if the previous employer cannot be reached), Indication of if the previous employer was able to verify the dates employment.
The following Access Employees are exempt from the Employment Verification, Drug Screening and I-9:
- officers, directors, owners and/or partners of the Company not engaged in the day-to-day operations;
- others who have access to or can grant authorize access to the Confidential Customer Media to be destroyed at the applicant’s location but are not engaged in the day-to-day destruction operations; and/or
- independent contractors, subcontractors or employees.
The employment screening is applicable to all Access Employees (other than those exempt from these requirements as mentioned above) regardless of length of service or pre-existing employment status, except where there is a restrictive employment agreement in place. Access Employees whose employment predates the implementation of NAID Certification, must state that they have been employed with the company for the past 7 years.
* The Importance of Conducting Court Martial Conviction checks as part of your companies Background Screening Program
Because of the First Baptist shooting Cities sue Defense Department over reporting to federal background check database. The lawsuit follows the mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, by a lone gunman identified as 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley. Kelley’s 2012 court martial conviction for domestic assault while he was in the Air Force was not reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Vettfirst Security is the only third-party background screening company that provide verifiable military criminal court martial record verification’s. Add this search to strengthen your background screening solution.
Not all background checks meet the NAID Certification requirements, which are very specific to ensure that an employee’s records are thoroughly checked before they are allowed to have access to confidential material.
Click here to view the requirements for NAID Certification.